Oops! There’s a hole in your wall, and you don’t know where to begin. Well, we’ve got you covered! This guide will help you understand everything there is to know about common types of drywall damage, repair solutions, and tips for preventing future damage.
Common Drywall Damage
- Holes – Holes in drywall can be caused by many factors, including accidental impacts, wallpaper, or tile that was removed.
- Cracks – Cracks in drywall can form by the settling of the house, changes in temperature, or poor installation.
- Water damage – Water damage can cause the drywall to swell, warp, and discoloration may occur. This type of damage is usually a result of leaking pipes or roofs.
Drywall Repair Methods
- Spackling – For small holes, spackling can be a quick and easy solution.
- Joint tape – For larger holes or cracks, the joint tape can be used to reinforce the repair.
- Replacement – Replacement may be necessary in cases of severe damage.
Tips for Avoiding Drywall Damage
- Install doorstops – Doorstops can prevent doorknobs from hitting the wall and causing damage.
- Use anchors – When hanging heavy objects on the wall, use anchors to distribute the weight and prevent damage.
- Monitor humidity levels – High humidity levels can cause the drywall to absorb moisture and become soft. Use a dehumidifier to keep humidity levels in check.
- Solve leaks promptly – Identify the source of the leak and have it repaired and treated to avoid any further damage.
In conclusion, drywall repairs are a common issue. Our Hampton Roads, VA drywall technicians have the tools and proper techniques to apply a matching finish. By understanding the different types of drywall damage and ways to prevent future damage your drywall will remain in good condition for years to come.
If you have any other questions about drywall repairs, call us at 757-631-2127 today.